Friday, May 31, 2013

Pictures From The Florida Trip

Here are several pictures from the trip. There are a lot, and most are not good quality, but I thought I'd post them anyway.

 American White Pelican, Roseate Spoonbill, White Ibis, and Snowy Egret.
 Black-necked Stilt
 Northern Mockingbird
 Loggerhead Shrike
 Little Blue Heron
 Great Egret
 Anhinga
 Wood Storks
 Roseate Spoonbills
 Common Gallinules
 Bronzed Cowbird
 Swallow-tailed Kite
 Common Ground Dove
 Red-headed Woodpecker
 Common Nighthawk
 Brown-headed Nuthatch
 Ruddy Turnstone
 Laughing Gull
 Sanderlings
 Royal Tern
 Sandwich Tern
 Burrowing Owl
 Northern Bobwhite
 Wilson's Plover
 Osprey
 Nesting Least Terns
 Black Skimmers
 Unidentified Gull. I think it is either a Herring Gull or a Lesser Black-backed Gull, because I know it is not a Laughing, Ring-billed, or Great Black-backed. This was on Tigertail Beach.
 Willet
 Prairie Warbler
 Prairie Warbler Singing
 Limpkin
Egrets, Ibis, Herons, and Pelicans

2 comments:

  1. this is actually really great. My children keep asking me the names of the birds around here. Which, I know none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can, go to the back of Eagle lakes Community Park. It is full of white pelicans, spoonbills, and herons. Other spots include, Tiger-tail Beach, Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, Shell Island Road, and Lasip Mitigation Park.

    ReplyDelete