Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last Update

     The past week I have done little amounts of birding. I did see, however, several new birds close to where I am staying. I saw a Limpkin on a short bike ride along Collier Blvd. I also saw a Northern Bobwhite, heard a Barred Owl, saw a Great Horned Owl, and heard Chuck-will's-widows all close by my house. Yesterday I went to Tigertail Beach on Marco Island when I realized I had forgotten my binoculars. How stupid can I be? I was far enough from home so I didn't bother to go all the way back. I started walking and birding by raw sight and sound. On the course of the walk I heard and saw Prairie Warblers, saw Wilson's Plover, Willet, and other common shorebirds. I did not find my target, which was the American Oystercatcher. My trip list is now at 93 Species and being that today is my last day, it will probably be the official number for the whole trip. My next post will be after June 3rd after the Cerulean Warbler Weekend where I am going to be an Assistant Tour Guide for one of the Birding Tours.

Ciao for now,
-Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment