Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fourth Times Charm

This winter has been a huge winter for Snowy Owls. At my local airport (Gerald R. Ford Int.) Snowies have been found frequently, with even 3 individuals at the same time! I have made three trips, trying to get them on my year list, but have failed each time. Today, we had some time in between church and going to see my grandparents, so my dad was kind enough to make a quick stop at the airport. After ten minutes of searching by car, we drove into a parking lot to get a better view of the "tundra". On the way out of the parking lot, we saw a small Snowy Owl behind us on the light. We had passed by, without even realizing it!! The worst part, is that I didn't have my new camera with me!








All these photos are from iPhone+Binoculars. Only the second Snowy I have ever seen.

Year List: 40 species

No comments:

Post a Comment