Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2015

Okay so, its been a while. I never got around to making a post of my roadtrip to the U.P., and I apologize for my laziness. I had a good trip and got two new life birds; Sharp-tailed Grouse and Evening Grosbeak. In addition, I saw Moose, Pine Marten, and Boreal Chickadee. In August, I saw a Short-billed Dowitcher at the Muskegon Wastewater. In December, I found my first ever Snow Goose at Versluis Lake. I ended my 2014 Michigan State list at 222 species, and my Kent County list at 174.

Now 2015 has come. I had planned a Cannon Township big year, but I have not been diligent with it at all. I am at 30 species, when I hoped to be around 45 by the end of this month. This is my last semester of high school, and I will finish with 33 college credits. In "celebration" of finishing, I am in the process of planning a backpacking trip somewhere in the U.P. with a few friends in June. Furthermore, I would like to further pursue the reality of going to the Amazon Rainforest, which has been a dream of mine. I will be saving money starting now to actual go there in the near future. As you see on the right of the page, I have set up a "gofundme" page if anyone would like to help me in my quest to explore the most bio-diverse place on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment